Thursday 3 September 2015

'I Can no more Pretend"

Hour by hour Bit by bit My youth's compass is near to get still So i have unmasked my hirsute left long ago my abode To travel the old-worn roads. Where daisies and primroses Murmur and hiss.
Before pruce pearls turn to my sky All my bangles i have laid aside Their Orange, red, green, blue ashes Would shower intricate patterns To horizon's lonely patches.
In the Ford land My beloved I Have disarmed all the bells From my hapless ankles. My heart's flute has now muted. Why do i carry my heavy chest? When all my ribs are exhausted I am on my feet jagged and dead
I like not to take my blood prints along I have satiated avaricious demons all my life long Beloved ! Scoffers mock at me They direct their ire towards me Though i have sold for free my all jewels I have lit their every cistern. Yet this game is not won. Beloved! Ward-off fire of living from my face Veil me in a furrow of haze My heart is frozen Lips numb I can no more pretend I am wounded I am hit I am Culprit I am Frail I beg you Beloved I can no more Pretend.

No comments:

Post a Comment