Thursday 3 September 2015

His Single Glimpse Sent me into a Trance


"You are neither mortal nor immortal”, he said in a low voice.  Before I could ask who he was? .A lump in my throat buried almost all the light-headed notes of my voice. I felt myself strongly recoiled in his deportment led by sturdy gravity. His eyes, almond brown, shaded by flickered lashes met mine. The thin man having kempt demeanour smelled of cologne of a farthest fragrant brook of Eden. He pointed his index finger towards the sky and murmured in a deeply cultured voice, “ Your moisturised curvature of skin hides with in a rock-solid steel because life has a purpose.  The clouds bear with care the slithering beads of rain but in seconds they sluice down the cracks of window and immortality the very second kisses them goodbye. When sheets of thunder heads roll in and paint the sky iron gray, in minutes the populace of golden dews is destroyed, still the yellow bands of colour flurry the gashes of thunderstruck sky. This is human dilemma when they are given mortality they crave for flavours of immortality and when immortality is endowed to them they yearn to be a mangled mess of flesh and ragged blood. They toss unceremoniously to the triangles of space but they forget when stars slide out of their track they turn into comets. Whenever blemished shadows lengthen near your noontide planet always remember you can knead stones with resilience; for you have weapon sharp enough. You can shield your uncertainties with the aid of your sleek acumen; for you have weapon sharp enough.” 
 Moments passed and lustrous flashes of orange- tinged light stood between me and him, drawing away his magnetic demeanour from my eyes. I often twirl my wayward existence on my forlorn chamber and in pitch dark hours of silence still his apparition mutters  in my ear “For you have weapon sharp enough"

No comments:

Post a Comment