Sunday 8 November 2015


I die a slow Death

I begin my day with crescent-sun which wave a wand
On my Life's fatigued crashing meteor
The tiny pocket of air  to my ocean dark deep eyes give currents
I hiss, I murmur,I stand , I walk ,I run
I can see the cluster of arms around me
Bopping up and down over my side walks and alleys
The noon sun pulls back noose from my neck
Layer by layer the day's dews cut my unkempt haze
 I am living, yes I breathe, I can feel with in me hope's heat.
The cosy sun drifts me to a peaceful lap
I dream, I dream and I dream
When I wake, the twin shadow of yellow tinges are gone
Another world, seeds of darkest deserts are born
I grope in the dark, I can not see
Vineyards are blanketed, starless night gulped all my fields
Unacknowledged unappreciated I am back to quagmire
I each day travel between dawn and dusk
Between indignations and contentments
Each day I die a slow soft death.

@Paras Ali (2015)



No comments:

Post a Comment