Saturday 16 January 2016

Alone at the Sea

I was a somnolent fish,
Thriving to breathe with in the stabbing brine water
Of a half empty aquarium
Where unscathed was the regime of spinous fins
I was swirling, wheeling and melting
Tapping mercilessly against the crystal glass walls of my abode
Then You appeared like a saviour on my roads
You brushed my unbraided hair
You straightned my tongue
And techniques to deceive fish mongers from you i learnt
I never lied I was a mermaid
I showed you twisted marks of arcane alphabets on my ribs
You knew well my nose was lifelessly bulbous
I never lied, yes my tail had hollow bumps
Today, in the company of Octopuses, sharks and Whales
I see you nowhere, from me you avert your gaze
I see you nowhere though again and again I turn back to the shore
You pushed me far to the vast, endless sea
Keeping yourself entangled in the orbit
of still inexplicable sorrow of your own
Where all lies together mock
And my single bare truth all over mourns

Copy rights reserved to Paras Ali/2016



No comments:

Post a Comment