Sunday 24 January 2016

Aren't I and thee both Alike?


I thought I had lost your image
While residing in the grey thickets
Of eclipsed snow-bitten numb orchards

I thought I had lost  you
Among those dried woodlands of my misty self
Whose ghosts guise in the shadow of copper elves

I thought I had left you behind far away
When I was attempting to untie the knoose of falsehood and reality around my eyes
But I was much wrong

As I sat to gaze upon you
After a journey of a million miles
Like skinless fingers feel the touch of dew-drops
Like a wingless-bird smells the scent of a drowsy dawn
Like a thorn flushes while accompanying a crocus
Like a worm inhales the first droplet of clouds
And like a sunflower's bride bares it's bosom to the sun

I found you
I recognized you...

After years of segregation aren't I and thee both alike?
As you are still a wandering wave exasperatedly waiting to touch the soil
And I the drenched paper boat
On the fathomless stormy sea learning to float

Paras Ali/ 2016
Photography by Joana Kruze.




No comments:

Post a Comment