Tuesday 5 April 2016

My Mother vs. Nature

(The poem is inspired from the writings of Khawaja Musadiq , the talented voice of Kashmir)

The Duchess moon stands speechless
Inclining it's mighty head over the rivulet of my tears
Beheading from my flesh the crown of memories
The stars I assume sing high
Mine and her devastated folklore
To the children of sky
And the comets like flying lanterns
Flutter its feathers ever so hard
Knowing even my forest of dreams has recently burnt
Why i can not see wrinkles on the cloud's face?
Why the hair of maiden night are still white?
Why no downpour could reshape the sequinned night's curves?
Is nature an inborn immortal princess?

There are two women in the world I have closely noticed
One turned old in her prime youth
Counting drop by drop my droopingly dying dreams
And the one is still young
After drinking from my veins the anguish of my wounds

Copyrights Reserved to Paras Ali/2016



No comments:

Post a Comment