Tuesday 28 November 2017

Would you ever come back Home?



The first time you left i was fast asleep

Tightly grabbing your chest, 
beholding childish dreams
You placed my head on the lifeless bear
and sneakily departed, 
deceiving me in sleep
Planting a sad kiss You bid goodbye
and murmured to my ear a note of apology
Whenever I was awake 
Which you never dared say.
To comfort my heart, to turn me numb
Barbies and beautiful dolls you sent
Do these expensive toys
Can ever replace the family joys?
Or can those branded clothes
Rescue me from falling on the potholes 
Or can Your letters mourning with explanations
can populate my sky with missing constellation?
You said every year you would be back home before winter
Father!! this is Autumn again
Nor you turned back
Neither like past decades , the calender changed.
Are you gone forever?
Were all those promises fake?


Paras Ali/2017


No comments:

Post a Comment