Thursday 28 September 2017

Moon of an Unknown Country

A stranger Moon of a foreign country 
Amid the hubbub of gale
the leaves quiver ,beats the rain , 
and smashes the wind hither and tither                                                  ,          
I Take my lodgings under the date tree                                    
Strangled by the darkness of an unknown country                                          
 I watch motionless ,the eminence of stars fading away                                       
My allied soul , my childhood love : My Only Moon                                               
 To and fro does sway                                                      
Leaving me alone in this wild night                                       
Joint by joint, it sees me sink from its sight                                                         
As if it never knew me                           
As if it was never mine

Paras Ali/2017



No comments:

Post a Comment