Tuesday 14 August 2018

In search of the Shore

I have set my sail                                    
 to that landscape                                   
 Which is on other side of mountain waves                                                     
The Stars are the mentor                  
Their twinkle is guiding me hour by hour                                                             
 I am nigh to reach                               
When and where I know neither                                
As my glance dwindles;                              
The more i see the more                      
 The miles elongate,                            
 The sight of the shore fades                                       
On and on                                                                                
I row and row to a distance long.   
Athens has come, nearby is Rome.  
Beloved! How far is my home?                                                                                                        
The search lights are black in the middle                                                                                 
 They are now wary of bidding farewells.                                               
 The empty envelopes in my attic                                                                       \
are eyeing the tides since ages                                                                                                   
Awaits the food Ma has cooked                    
Awaits her eyes which no one has wiped                                                   
Those ruins which lords and ladies have denied                                                            
 I wish to tell them                                             
They are still gay and grand                             
My hands long to brush                             
From them their dust                                                                                                                 
In this enormous infiniteness                                          
The desire is to                                       
Lay beneath the soil of my own                                                       
Beloved! How far is my Home?


Paras Ali/2018


No comments:

Post a Comment