Monday 25 December 2017

A Sin worth Sinning


I long to walk on the highways of my blanketed desires
Towards your valleys, to be near you 
Forgetting all my tomorrows
As sooner or later, I would be crucified

Let my tears populate the tavern
for your wadi to sip moon-lit
dews till its barren lips are drenched

I yearn to preserve the colour of your eyes
with the lemonade spray of inky-sky
Orchestrating ghazals of eternity !!

Let me cloak you
 in the flames of heavenly fire
and unearth your brooklets
in saffron snow and its snippets

Sorrow hath fashioned your skin
You too look a faded fragrance of some one's Past
Even you too can never be mine
Your name's hymn still I shall sing

Slaying all my joyous gods
kissing to death all my lords
Let I worship fair
Let I die honest and bare

What is love?
If not a sin worth sinning!!!

Paras Ali/2017


No comments:

Post a Comment