Sunday 19 February 2017

Envious of Your Moon

Tonight I will
                         
 Set on flames
                          
The silver self of mine
                   
Till caged in iron chains
               
I will gulp down
                      
The chalice brimming with nothingness
                              
Till insomnia in my eyes settles

 And in the puddle
              
Where fossils of imperfection float

I will drown
                         
To let my blood in it get muddled
                                       
 I will let the flakes of cosmic dust
                             
Wane my heart
                         
Till I am sooty and blotched
                                  
 I will be a blank paper
               
Having a spotted equator  
                    
To become a bewitching metaphor
                             
Like your nocturnal Moon...
                             
Would you then doll me up in your verse?

Copyrights reserved to Paras Ali/2017



No comments:

Post a Comment