Sunday 29 January 2017

How can I Harm you?

            
My whole self is a blue butterfly
Caged in the glassy walls of semi-colons
My eyes, the twinkling hollow buttons
Can only inhale the fragrance of moonlit stars
My wilderness is sifted with velvety ribbons of puns

Burnt in ashes, my cells flung it down
Those notes which syntax grins till beheading their crown.
Fear not my love, do not change your path
The castle of yours in my sky vast eyes resides
Still you are the emperor of my town

Why my skin do has looks so pale?
Won’t you ask what turned me frail?
Mocks on my verses, the reverberating storm of adverbs
Grounded in ink, I am a puppet, whose lord is words.
The frothy clouds rain stony diamonds of verbs
Over the stumbling waves of my toddler thoughts

Why would I, a noun less pronoun, defame you?
Words have crumbled me into briny sand
Each time, sun ascends, my bare innards roar your name
Nor words can change, I their foe
Neither I am willing to let you go

Do not be frightened of me my love
Would you leave my heart in this painful hour?
 When all is fair in love and war


Paras Ali/2017


No comments:

Post a Comment