Monday 3 October 2016

Identity Crisis


The sun has set
The ivory isle is an abode of bulk of nests 
The silver beads of sand are rushing to the sky
To their home the flock of pigeons are hastening to fly
The cotton candy takes bath at sea
The fairy tale's grumpy wizard is on the verge to sleep
Back to country , back to home
Crumb by crumb drowns the plum sun to its tomb
But the shades in my palate
For my last brush's stroke still waits
Where would my impatient heart go?
During this tidy purple hour dies too my wretched glow
This mass of bones go to pieces after day's long work
Do my soul belong to any road ?
My silhouettes sighing uncertainties resemble dunes of wilderness
Does my cottage reside in the East?
I too carry the cucumber twilight of jolting tides
Do my nest has its roots in the West?
Half winter , half summer
Half damsel , half demon
I am the autumn of the sun
I am the spring of the moon
Am I human? Or entirely no one?
My colour inherit those of universe
the galaxies , the planets and the mighty Earth
In the middle of nowhere my country is everywhere
Where do I belong to?
Where would I go ?
My own childhood streets smell to me foreign and unfathered
Am I a non native citizen of my own world?

Copyrights Reserved to Paras Ali/2016


No comments:

Post a Comment